Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A military WIFE to a military FIANCE!


What a blessing! The day after I found out about the VA internship, I started wondering where I would live this summer while I do my internship. Since I don't know if there will be a stipend involved, I needed to find a cheap room for rent with someone I knew! I was looking for somewhere already furnished so I could move all my stuff to Trevor's once my lease ended and just bring clothes and daily things with me. I was also hoping that it would be in south austin so I could be close to the VA, wouldn't have to fight crazy traffic, and could still be close to my friends/family!

I originally had anxiety about posting it up on FB to look for someone, but prayed about it and all of a sudden yesterday I started feeling a lot of peace about it. So I did. I posted on my status that I was looking for a room to rent during my internship in Austin from June-August before we got married.

Within FOUR minutes one of my friends who I used to work with, Ashlee, commented on my status. She immediately said I could live with her if I wanted and that she has an extra furnished room for a very reasonable price! I couldn't believe it... Ashlee's husband, Ben, is also in the military! He is currently working in NC and they just bought a house in Austin for Ashlee and their new baby (Brycen) to live in until he comes home! This felt perfect...it was obviously part of God's plan!

Not only did a good friend of mine offer me a place to live but it is also only 10 minutes from the VA where I will work everyday, I can help her with their new addition to their family, have GREAT girl time, and she can show me the ropes of military LIFE and help prepare me for Trevor and I's life together!

I am feeling so blessed and BEYOND thrilled! Thank you ASHLEE & BEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment